Everyone who is engaged in the construction of a private country house, sooner or later becomes at a crossroads – what materials to give preference to: natural or artificial. Artificial materials seem more reliable and practical, as the most modern technologies are used for their production. But is this statement always true??
In this article, we will try to analyze all the advantages and disadvantages of one of the most popular natural building materials – natural tiles.
There are 2 types of natural tiles. Ceramic tiles are produced using almost the same technology as thousands of years ago. For its production, high-quality clay is used, with some additives to give it a certain color and properties. Cement-sand tiles are made from quartz sand and Portland cement, and the finished product is covered with three layers of paints and varnishes to protect the tiles from weather influences. As you can see, in both cases, the basis of the tiles are natural materials – sand, clay and cement (which, in fact, is also clay). At the link /contacts/ you can see the contacts and products of the Braas company, which is engaged in the production and sale of natural tiles.
Benefits of natural tiles
* Natural – there is natural. No toxic substances, no unpleasant odors, no chemical reactions with other materials.
* Natural tile absolutely does not react to various natural influences: it is not afraid of water, wind, hail, ultraviolet radiation, temperature changes, bacteria, fungi, mold. Based on this, the life of natural tiles can reach a hundred years or more.
* Natural tile has a high heat capacity, that is, it heats up slowly, but at the same time it cools down slowly. On summer nights, the air under the roof always remains warm, which prevents the formation of condensation. In addition, such tiles, due to their shape and method of installation, do not create an absolutely hermetic coating, that is, the roof “breathes”.
* Natural tiles absorb noise better than others, and even in the heaviest rain you can sleep peacefully.
* Natural tiles look very beautiful, elegant and “expensive”. A wide range of colors and shades will allow you to choose a roof that blends perfectly with the overall design of your home.
* Natural tiles do not require specific maintenance during operation.
Disadvantages of natural tiles
* The cost of natural tiles far exceeds the price of artificial materials.
* Roofing made of natural tiles has a huge mass, and, therefore, requires strengthening of the entire roof structure.
* Installation of natural tiles is a very complex and time-consuming process, and you are unlikely to do without the help of professionals.
Here it is, natural tiles. It requires a lot of financial and labor investments, but at the same time, the result will please you and even your grandchildren and great-grandchildren with its quality. So the choice is up to you.